Carbon Offsetting Terms and Conditions
We are a charity that enables communities to take power over their own clean energy future. Along with our group companies, we provide affordable finance, expertise and support to community energy projects, enabling them to create the clean, green and sustainable energy system that they want to see.
We are registered with company no. 05534395 and charity no. 1112249 and our contact address is 7-14 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4YR.
If you want to get in contact, please email us at BAcarbonzero@pureleapfrog.org.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions“) carefully before proceeding with this transaction as they incorporate the basis upon which your contribution is accepted by Pure Leapfrog Limited (hereafter referred to as “Pure Leapfrog“, “we“, “our” or “us“).
Carbon Credit(s) means VER and CER certificate(s), whether already issued and delivered or not, representing a tonne of CO2 (carbon dioxide) or CO2e removed or reduced from the atmosphere resulting from an Emission Reduction Project;
CER means Certified Emission Reduction
CO2e means the base reference for the determination of global warming potential of Greenhouse Gases in units of carbon dioxide determined in accordance with the methodologies, procedures, formulae, assumptions and information selected by Pure Leapfrog;
Emissions Reduction means the removal, limitation, reduction, destruction, avoidance, sequestration or mitigation of GHG emissions;
Emissions Reduction Project means any activity or project that does, or is expected to, result in the issuance of a Carbon Credit;
Greenhouse Gases or GHGs means the six gases listed in Annex A to the protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (“UNFCCC”) adopted in New York on May 9, 1992 at the Third Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC in Kyoto, Japan on December 11, 1997, as amended from time to time;
ICROA – International Carbon Reduction and Offset Aliiance
Offset Services means the sale of Carbon Credits by Pure Leapfrog and their retirement;
Retire means to permanently cancel or move Carbon Credits on a retirement account from Pure Leapfrog’s registry account on behalf of the Buyer (Retiring or Retirement shall be construed accordingly). The Retirement of the carbon credit ensures Carbon Credits cannot be sold to anyone else.
Sale Price means the price to be paid by the Buyer for each Carbon Credit to be sold by Pure Leapfrog;
Terms means these trading terms;
Undelivered Carbon Credits means Carbon Credits which have not been issued by a certification standard;
VER means Verified Emission Reduction
- Any carbon offsetting contribution you make is voluntary.
- We will use your contribution to acquire Carbon Credits from vendors of our choosing in accordance with our policies. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers other than the ones we provide on our website.
- By making a payment to offset your emissions through our website you agree to be bound by these conditions. The contract between us (the Agreement) will be formed when we send an email to you acknowledging your payment and confirming the tonnage of CO2e emissions that you have paid to offset.
- If we are unable to accept your order or process your transaction, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you.
- This offsetting services is intended only for consumers. If you are a business and wish to offset, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means the Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may bring proceedings in respect of the in either the Northern Irish or the English courts, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may bring proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts.
- The carbon footprint calculator has been produced using conversion factors provided by the UK Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. Pure Leapfrog, has taken reasonable care to ensure the information is accurate, but cannot be held liable for their timeliness or any errors and omissions.
- Pure Leapfrog is not responsible for inaccurate, erroneous or incomplete data provided by customers or for calculation errors resulting from inaccurate, erroneous or incomplete customer data.
- The calculation method provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your seat on your flight is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your seat on your flight. Furthermore, the cost to offset CO2 emissions may vary according to fluctuations in the price of carbon credits.
- We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your seat on your flight is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your seat on your flight. Furthermore, the cost to offset CO2 emissions may vary according to fluctuations in the price of carbon credits.
Availability of Credits
- Availability of Carbon Credits on projects do change over time. In the unlikely event that carbon credits are no longer available on the particular project you have purchased, Pure Leapfrog will ensure the appropriate amount of CO2 is offset through an alternative project, which has at least the same verification or quality standard, and will be of the same general type of project (i.e. renewable energy, or improved energy efficiency).
Purchase and Retirement
- Pure Leapfrog will group orders together, and purchase and retire verified Carbon Credits. This is done periodically. Projects and retirements will be in line with ICROA Code of Best practice.
- Upon Retirement of the Carbon Credits, Pure Leapfrog shall have fulfilled its obligations with respect to the contracted Offset Services. Pure Leapfrog shall not be liable for any dispute relating to the validity of an Emissions Reduction once that Emissions Reduction has been verified and issued.
- Your contribution is non-refundable (unless required to be refundable under applicable law). If you cancel, change or modify your journey, or it is cancelled, changed or modified by us for any reason, your contribution (excluding any amounts required to be refunded under applicable law) will continue to be used to acquire Carbon Credits and to retire them in a central registry account. However such credits may be used against a future journey – you don’t need to advise us as we will have sent you a certificate with your original purchase.
- Nothing contained in this clause shall affect any rights you may have under the Consumer Rights Act (CRA) 2015, if it is applicable. A claim under the CRA shall not be deemed to reverse any Carbon Credit transaction and retirement
For detailed information please contact Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or visit their website at www.adviceguide.org.uk.
Cost of Carbon Offset
- Pure Leapfrog is a non-profit organisation. Any transaction is subject to an administrative fee [of £1]associated with buying, selling and retiring Carbon Credits. Any unused funds relating to an administration fee are donated tothe Carbon Fund scheme which supports sustainable energy projects within communities in the UK and Africa.
- Under the British Airways carbon neutral scheme, the minimum charge for an offset is £1 and if there are any surplus funds after the full offset is purchased, these are donated to our British Airways Carbon Fund scheme.
Date of Effect, Termination and Amendment
- These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (9 October 2019) and may be amended by Pure Leapfrog from time to time without giving notice to you, except in so far as they appear on our website. It is your responsibility to check for amendments before making a contribution.
- You should also read the general terms and conditions that apply to use of the Pure Leapfrog website.
- Pure Leapfrog reserves the right to vary, suspend and/or terminate the whole or any part of the BA carbon neutral service at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without giving notice to you. Notwithstanding such variation, suspension and/or termination, Pure Leapfrog will apply your contribution towards the purchase of carbon credits.
Questions & Complaints
All questions and complaints should be sent to BAcarbonzero@pureleapfrog.org.
Complaints will be handled in accordance with our Complaints Policy & Procedure.